[sixties-l] phil ochs/ music w/ marijuana

From: RozNews@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 17:02:29 CUT

    I was part of a demonstration in which Phil Ochs was one of the organizers
    , it was called "The War is Over" It was kinda a Yippie action. (
    We met in Washington Square Park and had a celebration that the war in
    vietnam was over. We marched in Greenwich Village and I can't remember where
    else. I remember women in Beauty shops (now called hair dressers ),
    running out of the salon with their hair wet and in rollers joining us. We
    had noise makers and were joyful. ( the war was not over) I have a
    small leaflet that was passed out in my archives. It has the famous WWII
    shot of the soldier kissing the girl in Times Square.

    In regard to music about marijuana
    How about Dave Peel
    He sang with a guitar in washington square park and at various events.
    The only song that I can remember that he sang was called Marijuana
    and went like this:
    " Mariiiii marijuana
      Mariiiii marijuana
      I like marijuana, you like marijuana, everybody likes marijuana. "
    Repeat