Re: [sixties-l] Protests Rock GOP, End in 282 Arrests

From: Uriah768@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 05:40:35 CUT

    In a message dated 08/02/2000 11:58:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
    resist@best.com writes:

    << Protests Rock GOP, End in 282 Arrests
       John Nichols, The Nation
     August 2, 2000 >>

    The only thing that these protests "rocked" were the inflated egos of those
    who think that anyone in Philadelphia cared about these so-called protests.
    Television coverage has been minimal and the GOP carries on its pep rally
    with little to no disruption. Chicago '68 this ain't...despite the nostalgic
    wishes of many. Even Jello Biafra commented that these protests were "not
    nearly as festive as Seattle." When the chicken squawks loudest is when it
    lays the biggest egg, and the protesters in Philly are making an omellete.
    To even compare it to the activities of Chicago '68 is both delusional and, I
    think, rather insulting.

    No my friends...the whole world isn't watching...not even the world that has
    cable TV.

    Brad Duren
    Uriah768@aol.com