[tei-council] TCM47 minutes

Brett Barney bbarney2 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu Aug 18 14:52:05 EDT 2011

"couple weeks" does, indeed, slide by easily in the US, but there's nothing
wrong with "couple of weeks," so that would seem better for more people.

Since I've already opened my mouth, I'll also note that to my untutored
American eye the period after the day of the month (11. August 2011) looks
like a typo, though I realize it's more likely just a cultural thing. If
it's required where you are, fair enough.

Brett

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca>                                                                                                                   |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |TEI Council <tei-council at lists.village.Virginia.EDU>                                                                                              |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |08/18/2011 01:08 PM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Re: [tei-council] TCM47 minutes                                                                                                                   |

Hi James,

Thanks to both of you for a fantastic job. I second Elena: I think you
should do this every time. (;-))

I noticed this:

		 "for the next couple weeks"

which seems to need "of" (unless it's OK in US English).

And this:

		 "LR spared Council from summarising in depth "

which I think suggests that Council would be doing the summarizing.
Should it be:

		 "LR spared Council an in-depth summary of "

Everything else looks perfect.

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)