[tei-council] tei-council mailing list archives

James Cummings James.Cummings at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Jan 27 06:18:09 EST 2006

The recent straying of posts from tei-board onto tei-l reminded me that I have
meant for awhile to propose that the tei-council mailing list archives be made
publicly available.

I believe that currently only subscribers are allowed access to them.  We do not
tend to say anything that we wouldn't mind others reading. It would allow those
running for council to get an idea of the work that the council does.  Moreover,
it would allow those who have contributed to council work (but whose terms have
ended) to continue to follow-up issues which interested them.  Also, it would
have the side benefit of allowing us to provide a link to discussions on a
particular item when someone asks how/why something was decided.

I would not recommend this for tei-board however, since I _assume_ they must
discuss potentially confidential issues.

Does anyone else have strong feelings for or against this?

-James