Re: [sixties-l] Re: Nader Fiasco

From: William M. Mandel (wmmmandel@earthlink.net)
Date: 11/29/00

    I agree with your point but not your documentation. The Republicans and
    Democrats are not Hitler and Goebbels. I am not speaking of the degree
    of difference, but the difference between capitalist democracy and
    fascism. Under the latter, we'd be in jail and tortured, maybe shot, for
    these messages.
           To condemn the German CP for not having accepted the
    Social-Democratic position whole (the only terms under which the latter
    would accept unity -- simply backing them) and then condemning Wellstone
    for being no better than Bush is self-contradictory. Wellstone is wrong
    in backing Gore. He is no Bush.

    William Mandel