Re: ADHO: Getting going again...

From: Julia Flanders (Julia_Flanders@brown.edu)
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 09:21:13 EDT

    Espen, I think you should contact Wendell, since you'd be the one
    working with him on this.

    I wonder whether it would be a good thing to start off with one or
    two areas that one could really make progress in, rather than trying
    to tackle the whole long list. I think the area of greatest need is
    the existing activities of the two organizations which would be
    performed much better if approached jointly and at the COHCO level:
    jobs/mentoring and the Busa award. Perhaps this could be the first
    priority for this year. One might also then look at the rest of the
    list and come up with a staged approach: pick another small set of
    related activities that could reasonably be addressed next year, and
    perhaps a few for the year after that, and come up with a plan for
    addressing them. I suspect that being able to present a two or
    three-year plan for developing COHCO activities would be a great way
    to give concreteness to the whole idea in the membership's eyes.

    best wishes, Julia