[tei-council] standoff

Fabio Ciotti fabio.ciotti at uniroma2.it
Fri Nov 28 09:46:55 EST 2014

> I agree that we should not waste time re-inventing METS.

Yes indeed, METS is essentially a logical metadata wrapper, and a TEI
doc (I hope) will always be primarily a content container. That said
the organization of metadata inside METS is a reflection of the
evolution in metadata thinking in the last 20 years, and I think that
in the context of a deep revision of TEI we (or whoever will be on
charge at that time) should take this into account in redefining
teiHeader.