[tei-council] standoff

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Fri Nov 28 08:43:51 EST 2014

<xenoData> would be a child of <teiHeader>, not of <TEI>. Lots of other
names were proposed. Cue two years of arguing about the name (we all
agreed that the idea was a good one).

<metadata> makes no sense to me. The <teiHeader> is metadata. That's why
<xenoData> belongs there.

<standoff> is something completely different: it's TEI elements
(<linkGrp>, <respons>, <listOrg> etc.) that currently have no natural
home, so end up scattered through the file. It's for tidy-minded folks
to keep all their standoff in one place.