[tei-council] Preparation for F2F meeting

Peter Stadler stadler at edirom.de
Sun Nov 16 11:47:09 EST 2014

Am 16.11.2014 um 11:37 schrieb Hugh Cayless <philomousos at gmail.com>:

> I worry a bit about a simple validation tool: what if someone checks a P4 document against it, for example? It might be perfectly valid P4, but come back as invalid. It seems to me that’s not very helpful…
Yes, that’s a good point.
I think we need something in between valid and invalid. (Maybe ‚conformable‘ ;)
In my validation service I plan to implement various fallbacks. If a file is not valid against the current tei_all than try with 2.6.0, etc.
Other schemas such as tite or P4 can easily detected by looking at the root node.
If those files validate against the respective schema, I mark them ‚yellow‘ (and still lack a name for it).

In parts, it’s a political issue what to call ‚valid‘ but I think we should discuss it …

Best
Peter