[tei-council] List @type musings

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Sat Aug 30 12:34:27 EDT 2014

Hi Syd,

I think the consensus right now (judging by the few responses we got to
the poll I put up a while ago) is that we should not provide any
suggested values for @rend. I'm planning to delete them before the
release. The process of implementing them threw up a couple of
interesting issues in ODD processing, which Sebastian fixed, so it was
worth doing as an exercise, but I think most people agree with you, and
I don't really have an opinion myself. As long as we're not recommending
the use of @type, and providing (in the prose) a clear migration
strategy for people who have previously used it, I'm happy.