[tei-council] Attributes in no namespace

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Mon Dec 30 08:24:02 EST 2013

On 29/12/13 22:54, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Amazing. I have no memory of that trick.
> Do we use it anywhere? Is it implemented?
>
> Sebastian
>
> Carved in stone on my iPad

My reading of history (the relevant ticket is at
http://purl.org/tei/fr/3156049) is that Council agreed on this spurious
discussion of tei:rend rather as an afterthought once the general idea
of marking some examples in the text as being valid, invalid, or
"plausibly valid" had been accepted. If there's a lesson to be learned
here it's that even our current sophisticated error detection mechanisms
are not proof against everything!