[tei-council] "right" way to locally build customization?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Sun Dec 8 19:00:49 EST 2013

On 8 Dec 2013, at 23:52, Kevin Hawkins <kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info> wrote:

>> note that Roma is now at  https://github.com/TEIC/Roma, in line
>> with the vague policy of keeping all the contributed tools away from the
>> Guidelines source.
>
> But there's still a copy at
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/tei/files/Roma/ .

Those are download packages, not source code. i may well delete them, though.

>  Is that copy in
> SourceForge now frozen?
the source is deleted from SF…

>  I'm similarly confused about the situation with
> the stylesheet package: at
> http://wiki.tei-c.org/index.php/Tei-xsl#c.29_Get_from_Github we recently
> replaced instructions for getting from SourceForge with instructions for
> getting from GitHub.  Should we replace
> http://wiki.tei-c.org/index.php/Roma#c.29_Get_from_Subversion with
> analogous instructions?

oh lord, very sorry, yes. I never remember all that stuff in the wiki

>> it doesn’t really make much difference whether you use Roma command line,
>> OxGarage, or the teitoXXX scripts. They’re all just wrappers around the same
>> XSLT
>
> or, of course, the Roma web interface.
which itself uses OxGarage, NB

>  I've just updated:
>
> http://www.tei-c.org/Guidelines/Customization/odds.xml#body.1_div.2_div.7
>
> to more clearly show all of these options.  Please let me know if I've
> got anything wrong.

I think you should add after “these tasks”  “(note that all these applications use the same
underlying set of XSLT transformations, so it does not matter which you use)"
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services