[tei-council] "right" way to locally build customization?

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Sun Dec 8 18:52:13 EST 2013

On 12/8/2013 3:39 PM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On 8 Dec 2013, at 14:59, Syd Bauman<s.bauman at neu.edu>  wrote:
>
>> I used to use the command at
>>      https://svn.code.sf.net/p/tei/code/trunk/Roma/roma2.sh
>
> note that Roma is now at  https://github.com/TEIC/Roma, in line
> with the vague policy of keeping all the contributed tools away from the
> Guidelines source.

But there's still a copy at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/tei/files/Roma/ .  Is that copy in
SourceForge now frozen?  I'm similarly confused about the situation with
the stylesheet package: at
http://wiki.tei-c.org/index.php/Tei-xsl#c.29_Get_from_Github we recently
replaced instructions for getting from SourceForge with instructions for
getting from GitHub.  Should we replace
http://wiki.tei-c.org/index.php/Roma#c.29_Get_from_Subversion with
analogous instructions?

>> to generate TEI customizations. Is there a new, better, or more
>> correct way to do that in the modern `ant` world? (And mean to
>> build it locally w/o launching oXygen, not by using a web service.)
>
> it doesn’t really make much difference whether you use Roma command line,
> OxGarage, or the teitoXXX scripts. They’re all just wrappers around the same
> XSLT

or, of course, the Roma web interface.  I've just updated:

http://www.tei-c.org/Guidelines/Customization/odds.xml#body.1_div.2_div.7

to more clearly show all of these options.  Please let me know if I've
got anything wrong.

Notice that this includes an anchor link to a section elsewhere in this
document discussing command-line roma.  It doesn't tell you where to
find the script or what it's name is.  I'd be happy to add some updated
info here if someone writes it for me.

--Kevin