[tei-council] "right" way to locally build customization?

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Tue Dec 10 23:52:22 EST 2013

On 12/8/13 7:00 PM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On 8 Dec 2013, at 23:52, Kevin Hawkins <kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info> wrote:
>
>>> note that Roma is now at  https://github.com/TEIC/Roma, in line
>>> with the vague policy of keeping all the contributed tools away from the
>>> Guidelines source.
>>
>> But there's still a copy at
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/tei/files/Roma/ .
>
> Those are download packages, not source code. i may well delete them, though.

Is the chance that you will delete them great enough that we shouldn't
advertise their presence on the wiki page for Roma?

>>   Is that copy in
>> SourceForge now frozen?
> the source is deleted from SF…
>
>>   I'm similarly confused about the situation with
>> the stylesheet package: at
>> http://wiki.tei-c.org/index.php/Tei-xsl#c.29_Get_from_Github we recently
>> replaced instructions for getting from SourceForge with instructions for
>> getting from GitHub.  Should we replace
>> http://wiki.tei-c.org/index.php/Roma#c.29_Get_from_Subversion with
>> analogous instructions?
>>

> oh lord, very sorry, yes. I never remember all that stuff in the wiki

I can adapt http://wiki.tei-c.org/index.php/Tei-xsl#c.29_Get_from_Github
to replace http://wiki.tei-c.org/index.php/Roma#c.29_Get_from_Subversion
(by replacing each "Stylesheets" with "Roma" in the GitHub steps.  But
should I leave in the instruction that you have to install P5 in order
to install Roma?  Or does that no longer apply?

>>   I've just updated:
>>
>> http://www.tei-c.org/Guidelines/Customization/odds.xml#body.1_div.2_div.7
>>
>> to more clearly show all of these options.  Please let me know if I've
>> got anything wrong.
>
> I think you should add after “these tasks”  “(note that all these applications use the same
> underlying set of XSLT transformations, so it does not matter which you use)"

Done.