[tei-council] Those TCP/TEI 'exceptions'

Paul Schaffner pfs-listmail at umich.edu
Tue Dec 3 14:34:14 EST 2013

Doubtless all water under the bridge, but some may recall that
at the meeting in Oxford I promised to go through the examples
of TCP non-compliance with P5 that Sebastian gave us, on the
theory that many were in fact mistakes and should be eliminated
in the source; and the actual good use cases isolated.
I have finally done that, and placed the results here:

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~pfs/tcp/except3.html

The corresponding page images are linked to, but only on
the EEBO (ProQuest) site, meaning that they will be visible
only to people at EEBO-subscribing institutions.

I believe that we acted on all of the FRs in any case, so this
is merely a matter of tidying up loose ends.

(And again, these are the exceptions that are left *after*
Sebastian's sometimes significantly transformative transforms.
Major discrepancies do persist, some rooted in P3/P5, some
in TCP or TEI innovation since then. E.g. with regard to
postscript (within CLOSER vs sibling of CLOSER); TCP's enlarged
model of CELL (to match ITEM); and our egregious practice with
respect to MILESTONES.)

pfs
--
Paul Schaffner  Digital Library Production Service
PFSchaffner at umich.edu | http://www.umich.edu/~pfs/