[tei-council] tei incubator?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Sun Dec 1 07:52:40 EST 2013

On 1 Dec 2013, at 12:43, Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 01/12/13 12:39, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>> this is what Github is rather  good at, surely? i know its a new thing to learn
>> for some, but for newcomers it is no worse than Subversion,
>> and Mr G’hub gives you lots of useful things on day 1
>
> Yes, I rather expected you (or Hugh) to say that and you may well be right. I suppose my question is rather more whether we think setting up an incubator should be a "TEI Service" -- and whether (if it is) we then put effort into writing a page telling people how to stash their little baby away in github, and tend to winge if they don't follow its recommendations.

well, one of your famous “cheat sheets” on “getting started on G’hub” would not come amiss, though
I suspect there are many many examples of it out there already. More usefully, the cheat sheet could
give examples of good style in writing an ODD of the type you describe?

i’m all sympathy, but I am slightly at a loss to know what we can offer people in terms of a “service”,
beyond exemplars. are you thinking of toolsets to check their ODDs in some way?

Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services