[tei-council] Draft Roma Replacement Specification

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Sun Nov 10 08:28:55 EST 2013

On 10 Nov 2013, at 13:00, James Cummings <James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

>> I would add that we will not have unlimited money for this, and that it will
>> have to be an agile development, without fixed outcomes.
>
> Agreed. But it is also useless to throw money at something
> without any criteria -- if they produce something that doesn't
> enable the basic most common tasks of ODD editing.

ah, if only we agreed what those "basic tasks" were! as it stands, you have
effectively specified that they must write a full XML editor with
the (unstated) assumption that it will all be done with form filling, and
be able to accept arbitrary TEI input.
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services