[tei-council] Electing a TEI Technical Council Chair for next year.

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Wed Oct 30 19:05:05 EDT 2013

On 30/10/13 22:56, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> I have just remembered that this list is read and indexed publicly,
> so my apologies to the rest of the world, and posterity, for falling into
> personal political opinions. Not relevant to TEI.

This acts as a good reminder to the new members of Council
joining us that the TEI Council mailing list (unlike the Board or
Board-Council mailing lists) is archived publicly. See
http://lists.village.virginia.edu/pipermail/tei-council/ (or
indeed if you want to see the email where it was proposed it be
made public it is at:
http://lists.village.virginia.edu/pipermail/tei-council/2006/005757.html
;-) )

While I believe the Council list is slightly more jovial (and
even more geeky) than TEI-L but I wouldn't post anything that I
wouldn't be willing to defend on TEI-L.  ;-)

There are also occasional lapses, especially by Lou and
Sebastian, into cryptic references to what the British believe is
literary humour. See, for example,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Molesworth.

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk