[tei-council] Electing a TEI Technical Council Chair for next year.

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Wed Oct 30 19:37:14 EDT 2013

I must say I'm not in favour of putting everyone in the poll whether
they want to be chair or not, and then generating rankings that are
guaranteed to put some poor soul at the bottom -- most likely someone
who's just joined the Council and is already feeling a bit daunted, who
would be ranked low because most of us would assume they haven't found
their feet enough to be able to be chair, but might end up feeling
spurned before they ever even got to a face-to-face meeting.

And over and above the issue of hurting people's feelings, it's never a
good idea to thrust someone into a position they never wanted, as James
says.

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)