[tei-council] Electing a TEI Technical Council Chair for next year.

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Wed Oct 30 18:26:59 EDT 2013

I'm also with Peter, both on not allowing the person counting ballots
(which, I've recently learned, is called a "returning officer" in
British English) to run for the position but also on having a secret
ballot.  I'll conduct the election if needed.

While Council members have in recent years gotten along well enough that
they feel comfortable with public voting, there's a good reason that
democratic systems have tended to move from open to secret ballot rather
than the other way around.

--Kevin