[tei-council] Electing a TEI Technical Council Chair for next year.

Syd Bauman s.bauman at neu.edu
Wed Oct 30 18:05:10 EDT 2013

I'm with Peter, here. While I trust James completely, if we're
setting up a procuedure for the fuutre, it's just a *way* bad idea to
allow one of the competing chef's to have fingers in the pie.

And while, in general, I have no objection to having my own vote
known, in principle I prefer secret ballots in situations like this.
(That is, when those casting ballots are casting them on their own
behalf, not their institution's behalf -- as I've said before, the
elections for Board and Council by institutional representatives
should not be a secret ballot.)

All that said, I bet 80% of the time there's complete consensus on
who should be chair.