[tei-council] Council Teleconference Monday 21 October 4pm Oxford time.

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 21 09:31:18 EDT 2013

On 21/10/13 13:51, Kevin Hawkins wrote:
>> It seems reasonable to re-examine the issue.  In general I'd
>> argue a conservative tack here since we came up with a policy
>> when creating P5, as part of the Birnbaum Doctrine, and with the
>> specific idea that P5 would continue to have successive versions.
>
> ... but TCW09 also lays out the difference between successive versions
> of P5 and P6.  So it doesn't close the door on a major jump to P6.

Yes, that is the policy I'm referring to. Yes, we can make a
major jump to P6, but I'd argue that the conditions of: "the
emergence of new technologies (e.g., the transition from SGML to
XML) or the development of a new architecture that conveys
substantial benefit (e.g., the development of the new class
system)" have not yet been proposed.  But sure, let's add it to
the agenda to have the discussion to see if there are such proposals.

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk