[tei-council] Drafts of new Guidelines sections

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Thu Oct 17 05:36:39 EDT 2013

On 16/10/13 22:21, Martin Holmes wrote:

  >Which would you recommend? Lou, when you did the very substantial
changes for the genetic >editing module, how did you go about it?

 From memory, in that case we worked on a separate freestanding TEI
document in the workgroup until it was more or less ready. It was an
ODD, so it contained several new tagdocs. I  added these to the main
directory,  split the new document into two major additions which I then
presented to the Council for consideration in a series of emails saying
(again, from memory, so you may wish to check the archive) "I propose to
add this chunk of text at this point". This meant that it was possible
to read all the changes independently of the current state of affairs.
Once the Council had expressed an opinion (which did take quite a bit of
fiddling) however I just integrated the parts concerned, and continued
to tweak them in response to the comments which followed until everyone
was happy (or exhausted).

  As far as I know, that's why we have a version control system.