[tei-council] listRelation membership in model.biblLike

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 5 04:20:53 EDT 2013

On 5 Jun 2013, at 08:18, Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk>
 wrote:

> I agree with Kevin that this is all a bit of a mess. The original
> intention -- provide some way of encoding RDF triples by means of the
> `<relation>` element seems to have got buried.

but at least achieved.  the only issue is over where <relation> and its
containers are allowed.

> And I have found nothing
> in the record to explain why it was decided to implement this by
> changing  the members of model.biblLike. It looks suspiciously like a
> last minute kludge rather than a considered decision.

after discussion which went on for 7 months?

Lou noted on the ticket  on 2011-11-09
"recommendation is to use relationGrp for now since it does the job; add relationGrp to model.biblLike"?
That is a note from a Council meeting - see http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Meetings/tcm48.xml
The record is entirely clear - we decided  on November 9th 2011 that
"<relationGrp> will also be added to model.biblLike."

maybe everyone in Paris  misunderstood what model.biblLike is, but this is most
definitely not a "last minute kludge".
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services