[tei-council] Stamps

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Sun May 26 07:23:49 EDT 2013

I'd like to proceed with my original proposal to modify the content
model of <stamp> to include model.descLike
<https://sourceforge.net/p/tei/feature-requests/450/>  stopping short of
the birnbaum-breaking proposal from Syd (also on the ticket)

  My proposal is :

- add model.descLike to the current content model,
- add a comment to the existing discussion pointing out that any
material not wrapped in <desc> or other model.descLike element is
assumed to be a transcription of text within the stamp itself.
- revise the existing examples and text accordingly

https://sourceforge.net/p/tei/feature-requests/450/
<https://sourceforge.net/p/tei/feature-requests/450/>

I'd like to proceed with this before the next release if no-one has
strong objection. My proposal doesn't b reak any existing documents and
doesn't preclude a subsequent revision along the lines suggested by
Syd.  Please react on the ticket!