[tei-council] [tei:feature-requests] #450 `<stamp>` should contain `<desc>`, not the other way round

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Sun May 26 14:36:44 EDT 2013

I agree that it might be nice to have a new kind of `<stamp>` which,
like `<figure>` had element-only content.  Bit neither you nor Gabby is
addressing the point that this would break all current uses of
`<stamp>`. My proposal is a step in the right direction,  in that it at
least resolves the current ambiguity, without such a blatant flouting of
the principle that we should not break existing documents. I would like
to take that step for the next release, leaving the issue open if you
wish for further discussion.