[tei-council] Guidelines TOC page again

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 23 18:45:07 EDT 2013

On 23 May 2013, at 23:41, Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca>
 wrote:

> I don't like the idea that languages are associated with national
> entities. It's only a rough match at best. Are you going to include
> flags of every French-speaking country for the French one, for instance?
> Or insult some French-speaking countries by leaving them out?

its a pretty well-understood convention, isnt it, that the flag of France means French?
people do get offended by strange stuff

>> 2. Could we perhaps get two levels of open/close menu effect in the toc?
>> at the moment if you open up the core chapter to see all the sections,
>> you see them all down to the lowest level. Could we not just open the
>> first hierarchic level?
>
> I guess so, if everybody thinks it's a good idea. I just lifted the
> actual index lists from the existing page. I think personally I like it
> as it is -- go to the chapter, or inspect the chapter, rather than click
> over and over again to drill down.

I forget what JS does this. if its easier, I mildly agree with Lou.
If its at all hard, leave as is for now
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services