[tei-council] Suggestion for a new Guidelines TOC document

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Wed May 15 12:15:02 EDT 2013

I went for three columns because it gets more stuff onto the screen at a
time, on a normal wider-than-tall desktop screen; with your mockup I was
scrolling to find the bit I use most often, which is the back matter in
my case. In mine, I left the back matter over on the right because
that's where everyone is used to seeing it, but of course that's not a
good reason when we're redesigning.

I think it would be good to get some polling numbers on a couple of key
questions:

1. Do we want two columns however wide your screen is, or do we want
three columns collapsing to two if there's not enough room for them?

2. Do we want to keep Some Popular Sections?

3. Do we want to include the alternative output formats (PDF, ePub,
Mobi) as list elements like the rest of the TOC (as in my mockup), or as
links in a horizontal list across the top (as in Kevin's)?

Could everyone respond to these three questions one way or the other,
please?

Thanks,
Martin

--