[tei-council] Suggestion for a new Guidelines TOC document

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Wed May 15 08:42:36 EDT 2013

I've never really liked "Some popular sections" at all, but there was
strong support for including it, IIRC. One question that the two mockups
bring up is this: should we go for a three-column layout, which
collapses to two columns if there's not enough width, as mine does, or
should we go for a two-column layout from the beginning, as in Kevin's,
which will probably mean more scrolling for people on wide screens, but
will almost always look the same?

I very frequently go to the back matter -- I have most of those back
matter links in my bookmarks, too -- so my instinct was to keep the Back
Matter section visible in the default layout, rather than scrolling off
the bottom. But I may be unusual in that.