[tei-council] Setting up chapters for translation

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Tue Mar 26 06:37:26 EDT 2013

On 25/03/13 23:23, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> On 25 Mar 2013, at 23:11, Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk>
>   wrote:
>>> i have a small dislike of a) embedding metadata (@lang) in file names, and b) special-casing english, FWIW. --
>> a) but you don't mind embedding the same metadata in directory names?
> strangely, no
>
> I like the idea of matching an ID to a file name directly.

I think the risk of confusion when I have two files called COPA which
are just different because of the folder they happen to be in is to be
avoided. But it's not a deal breaker!

>> b) but english *is* a special case -- we are translating from it into other languages. no-one has yet proposed writing a new chapter of the Gl;ines in some other language.
>>
> hmm.  that is an interesting argument. so if that happened (in French) then the french section would be shorn of a lang, and the english would have a suffix?

So you would strain at the gnat of political incorrectness having
swallowed the horse of someone writing a new chapter of the Guidelines
in some language other than English?