[tei-council] Setting up chapters for translation

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 25 19:23:08 EDT 2013

On 25 Mar 2013, at 23:11, Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk>
 wrote:
>> i have a small dislike of a) embedding metadata (@lang) in file names, and b) special-casing english, FWIW. --
>
> a) but you don't mind embedding the same metadata in directory names?

strangely, no

I like the idea of matching an ID to a file name directly.

> b) but english *is* a special case -- we are translating from it into other languages. no-one has yet proposed writing a new chapter of the Gl;ines in some other language.

hmm.  that is an interesting argument. so if that happened (in French) then the french section would be shorn of a lang, and the english would have a suffix?
smacks to me like it fails the famous "no magic" rule.
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services