[tei-council] Setting up chapters for translation

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 25 13:19:29 EDT 2013

On 25 Mar 2013, at 16:55, Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca>
 wrote:

>  - Shall we go ahead and fragment the CO chapter as a test?

if Florence does not choose to translate CO, I am not sure what its
a test of? I am inclined to say do all chapters now or wait
until we need to

>  - If so, do we believe that the granularity of the fragmenting (level
> 1 sections) is correct, or should we be breaking things down further?

I'd say below div1 is impractical

>  - Should we keep the overview in the main structure file, along with
> the intro?

i am inclined to yes. have a single file with the whole structure, and one huge set of XIncluded <div>1

and I'd suggest to Florence that pretty please translate the whole structure into French
first, then do a bunch of <div>1 at her leisure. Then we have a French Guidelines
in skeletal form ready to roll.

it would also make file management easier if we had

  guidelines-en.xml
  guidelines-fr.xml
  divs-fr/*.xml
  divs-en/*.xml