[tei-council] @rows="0", @cols="0"?

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Sun Feb 3 21:07:27 EST 2013

I'm not sure I understand Gaby's example below, but I have a feeling
that if the intention is to say that it's cell B that's missing from row
2, and cell C that's missing from row 3, then I think empty cells would
be included; as far as I can see, if the second cell spans both columns,
it somehow constitutes both of them.

Next question: given that we mostly seem to feel that values of zero are
wrong, would we go so far as to forbid them through Schematron (given
that every Schematron check adds to build time and code complexity), or
should we just quietly allow people to perpetrate zeroes without sanction?