[tei-council] where to put bibliographic citations in the Guidelines

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Sun Jan 27 23:38:46 EST 2013

> I would guess things should be in BIB if at all possible, and keep the footnotes
> for _ad hoc_ URLs?

I agree. I've also been meaning to make those footnotes actually pop up
next to the footnote number so you don't bounce down to the bottom of
the page and bounce back. Does everyone think that would be a good idea?
It would be like the footnotes on a page like this:

<http://bcgenesis.uvic.ca/getDoc.htm?id=V465HB01.scx>

(Scroll down till you see the grey button with "1" on it, and click it.)

On 13-01-27 11:52 AM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On 27 Jan 2013, at 19:39, Kevin Hawkins <kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info>
>   wrote:
>
>> At
>>
>> http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Working/tcw20.xml
>>
>> we say to add a bibliographic citation for the source of any encoded
>> fragment in an <egXML> and link to it using @corresp.
>
> which should change to @source now, and we should change all the old ones.
> I put the change into the XSL to support this
>
>>   But I can't find
>> any explanation in TCW20 or TCW24 of where to put a bibliographic
>> citation for something mentioned in the prose.
> the new @source on <quote> and <q> may fit some of the bill? otherwise
> I'd expect to use <ptr target="#Jones76" rend="bibcite"/>, but I am making that up
> as I write
>
>>   Perhaps
>> sources likely to be referenced a second time should always be put in
>> BIB-Bibliography.xml while others are fine in footnotes?
>

> I would guess things should be in BIB if at all possible, and keep the footnotes
> for _ad hoc_ URLs?
> --
> Sebastian Rahtz
> http://www.justgiving.com/SebastianRahtz
> Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
> University of Oxford IT Services

Martin Holmes
mholmes at uvic.ca
UVic Humanities Computing and Media Centre