[tei-council] where to put bibliographic citations in the Guidelines

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jan 27 14:52:48 EST 2013

On 27 Jan 2013, at 19:39, Kevin Hawkins <kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info>

> At
> http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Working/tcw20.xml
> we say to add a bibliographic citation for the source of any encoded
> fragment in an <egXML> and link to it using @corresp.

which should change to @source now, and we should change all the old ones.
I put the change into the XSL to support this

>  But I can't find
> any explanation in TCW20 or TCW24 of where to put a bibliographic
> citation for something mentioned in the prose.
the new @source on <quote> and <q> may fit some of the bill? otherwise
I'd expect to use <ptr target="#Jones76" rend="bibcite"/>, but I am making that up
as I write

>  Perhaps
> sources likely to be referenced a second time should always be put in
> BIB-Bibliography.xml while others are fine in footnotes?

I would guess things should be in BIB if at all possible, and keep the footnotes
for _ad hoc_ URLs?
Sebastian Rahtz
Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
University of Oxford IT Services