[tei-council] where to put bibliographic citations in the Guidelines

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Sun Jan 27 14:39:52 EST 2013

At

http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Working/tcw20.xml

we say to add a bibliographic citation for the source of any encoded
fragment in an <egXML> and link to it using @corresp.  But I can't find
any explanation in TCW20 or TCW24 of where to put a bibliographic
citation for something mentioned in the prose.  We sometimes cite
sources within a <note place="bottom"> and other times using a <ref> or
<ptr/> to something in BIB-Bibliography.xml.  Is there an undocumented
practice here for when to include in one place or other?  Perhaps
sources likely to be referenced a second time should always be put in
BIB-Bibliography.xml while others are fine in footnotes?

I can update the very brief discussion of references in TCW24 once we
reach conclusion.

--Kevin