[tei-council] "TEI Header" vs. "TEI header"

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jan 27 12:48:54 EST 2013

On 27 Jan 2013, at 17:44, Kevin Hawkins <kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info>
 wrote:

> My suggestion is that we settle on "TEI header".  In my view, "header"
> is not a proper noun because it's not the proper name of the element
> (<teiHeader>), just a verbal shorthand we use.

so we should say _either_ "in the TEI header" _or_ "in the <gi>teiHeader</gi>"?
that does make sense.

dont forget that section headings like "2 The TEI Header" would stay as is, though,
so its not just a global search and replace.

http://www.justgiving.com/SebastianRahtz
Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
University of Oxford IT Services