[tei-council] display of modified arts in P5

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 14 06:49:13 EST 2013

On 14/01/13 11:26, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>> 2) It then creates a new @type element which is modified in some
>> way but I've no idea how?
> yes. well, its not a new @type, its a modification of it

Ok, that really isn't how it looks in the Declaration section
then. It looks like it is an entirely new attribute to me.

>> 3) It says 'Derived from att.typed' to indicate this is a pure
>> subset change?
> no, there is not a _promise_ that its a subset change only.
> its possible that we might use this to open up a data type?

Wouldn't that be breaking our own rules on Conformance?

> i reiterate that displaying what has changed in relation
> to the source is not attempted, any more than it ever has been
> in documentation for a customisation before. it would mean
> a serious redesign.

I see that.

>> Should it be policy that any time we do something like this it
>> requires a note/remark here about why this has been done?
> yes, quite possibly.  do you want to experiment and see how it would look?

I'm not sure what you mean, surely it would look just like the
note that is already there.  I mean just having a standard bit of
text we add in these circumstances.  "This attribute has be
redefined locally in order to provide a slightly narrowed
definition." or something like that?

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk