[tei-council] "soft deprecation": use @status='deprecated' ?

Gabriel Bodard gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk
Mon Jan 14 06:48:21 EST 2013

That's a good point. I do something very similar to C with the EpiDoc
ODD/schema. (Attribute values that we no longer recommend and plan to
take out of the valList in a future release have the word "DEPRECATED"
and a brief explanation of what you should use instead at the start of
their desc.)

Remember that, at least with current technologies, most people don't see
the schematron validation errors/warnings if they only have a
xml-model[@schematypens='rng'] in their document.

--
Dr Gabriel BODARD
Researcher in Digital Epigraphy