[tei-council] att.sourced (<lb ed="1674">) contradiction

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Sun Jan 6 12:52:36 EST 2013

The advantage of data.word is that a value could start with a digit
(like "1674"). The advantage of data.enumerated is that means the TEI
is saying (appropriately, I think) "you should document your set of
values in your ODD". Personally, I think the latter is more
important, but it also would break backwards compatibility, so I'm
thinking we should leave the official datatype as data.word, perhaps
with some sort of prose recommendation for defining a constrained
value list via <valList> in your ODD.