[tei-council] att.sourced (<lb ed="1674">) contradiction

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jan 6 13:57:30 EST 2013

On 6 Jan 2013, at 17:52, Syd Bauman <Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu>
 wrote:

> The advantage of data.word is that a value could start with a digit
> (like "1674"). The advantage of data.enumerated is that means the TEI
> is saying (appropriately, I think) "you should document your set of
> values in your ODD".

really? surely the ODD is designed for the project level, while this information
is for the document level. In my ODD I set up documented lists of (eg)
the values I use for @type, but do I really embed in my schema the fact that
for this one of document (of many in my set) I want to use "1661" and "1671" as
values for lb/@ed? those seem like things I'll list in my header, not my schema.
http://www.justgiving.com/SebastianRahtz
Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
University of Oxford IT Services