[tei-council] January TEI Release

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Thu Dec 27 17:52:36 EST 2012

On 26/12/12 19:16, James Cummings wrote:

> Could I propose that we _try_ to stop any schema-affecting
> changes to the TEI SVN repository on the evening of the 15th
> January?  (obvious exceptions being solving bugs introduced in
> the run up to that, typos, etc.)

Fine by me

> Also, some time before then, could everyone read the chapter
> whose number is the same as the month of their birth.  (I.e. my
> birthdate is in December, like Lou's, so we'll both read chapter
> 12).

I cannot for the life of me understand why this is a good idea. If you
want to randomly allocate chapters for reading, why on earth do so in a
way which guarantees that some chapters will get multiple readers and
some (those numbered greater than 12 for example) will never ever get
read? Surely you can think of a better algorithm?