[tei-council] tagUsage/@render

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Thu Dec 20 12:13:03 EST 2012

These look good to me. The last example (beginning with "Hmmm") doesn't
have any linebreaks in it, so it makes the page scroll horizontally.

Looking at the chapter, though, I see this example:

<said rend="PRE+lsquo POST+rsquo">

while in the said.xml, we have this:

<said aloud="true" rend="pre(“) post(”)">

I wonder if we should be consistent there? Although anything token-like
goes in @rend, people tend to think of examples in the Guidelines as a
bit authoritative, so it might be confusing to see two ways of doing the
same thing.

<quote>. I have malicious thoughts towards <q>.

On 12-12-20 08:35 AM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

>>> I agree. I thought all the various rendition-related stuff was designed
>>> to describe what the source document looked like.
>>
>> I agree certainly, as I've argued many times all rendition in TEI
>> should be about the source document
>
> tagUsage/@render is now in line, as per John McC's wording in SF ticket.
>
> someone want to look at http://bits.nsms.ox.ac.uk:8080/jenkins/job/TEIP5/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-said.html
> and see if they like the examples of quotation marks? would you rather these appear in the main chapter?
> --
> Sebastian Rahtz
> Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
> University of Oxford IT Services

Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)