[tei-council] tagUsage/@render

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Dec 20 11:35:27 EST 2012

On 20 Dec 2012, at 16:29, James Cummings <james.cummings at it.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

>>> Are we entirely agreed about this, that the long-standing phrase "_ is to be_ rendered." is not what
>>> we intend?
>>
>> I agree. I thought all the various rendition-related stuff was designed
>> to describe what the source document looked like.
>
> I agree certainly, as I've argued many times all rendition in TEI
> should be about the source document

tagUsage/@render is now in line, as per John McC's wording in SF ticket.

someone want to look at http://bits.nsms.ox.ac.uk:8080/jenkins/job/TEIP5/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-said.html
and see if they like the examples of quotation marks? would you rather these appear in the main chapter?
Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
University of Oxford IT Services