[tei-council] tagUsage/@render

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Thu Dec 20 14:02:52 EST 2012

On 20/12/12 17:13, Martin Holmes wrote:
> Looking at the chapter, though, I see this example:
>
> <said rend="PRE+lsquo POST+rsquo">
>
> while in the said.xml, we have this:
>
> <said aloud="true" rend="pre(“) post(”)">
>
> I wonder if we should be consistent there? Although anything token-like
> goes in @rend, people tend to think of examples in the Guidelines as a
> bit authoritative, so it might be confusing to see two ways of doing the
> same thing.

Sebastian raised the same point when we were talking about these <said>
examples a week or two ago. It might b e a good idea to add an example
using @render with predefined CSS or @style with non-predefined CSS if
that's the example we think we'd rather people followed.

<quote>. I have malicious thoughts towards <q>.

This maybe is something you should share with your confessor. Happy to
help out if you need explanation...

Lou