[tei-council] SF Tickets getting agreement on Council mailing list

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Thu Dec 20 12:02:31 EST 2012

On 12-12-20 06:53 AM, James Cummings wrote:

> What I'd like also to do is to get a workflow agreed going for
> assenting to decisions made on tickets as well. For example,
> Sebastian's asking about @defaultVal highlights that we probably
> want to be able to assume that silence equals assent as long as
> there has been a suitable period of time, a reminder, and any
> discussion summarised on the ticket. This should probably be for
> 'green' categorised tickets (or corrigible bugs) since 'amber'
> implies they need further discussion. I want to remove any
> roadblocks from us completing tickets but also keep Council
> oversight of them. We all volunteer our work at different times
> and are usually very busy with all sorts of other concerns.
>
> Any thoughts?

For substantial changes, I think it's good to commit your changes and
record the revision number on the ticket, but then send a message to the
Council list asking people to check over your work. Note that you've
done this on the ticket, and leave the ticket open for a few days to
allow for feedback, then close it once any feedback has been
incorporated, or in the case of silence.

This section of our guide:

<http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Working/tcw20.xml#body.1_div.4>

says this:

"Assuming the change was successful (see below), add a comment to the
SourceForge ticket which includes the SVN revision number of your
commit. You may also close the ticket if it is complete."

but we might want to expand the last bit to incorporate a period for
feedback.

Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)