[tei-council] SF Tickets getting agreement on Council mailing list

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Wed Dec 26 16:00:27 EST 2012

On 12/20/12 9:53 AM, James Cummings wrote:
> On 20/12/12 14:14, Kevin Hawkins wrote:
>> James, I'm confused.  You said:
>>
>> On 12/20/12 4:29 AM, James Cummings wrote:
>>> So if you want to ensure you get particular tickets go to
>>> http://purl.org/tei/fr
>>> and set assignee to 'nobody' and status to 'open' and click Filter.
>>> Likewise with http://purl.org/tei/bug
>>
>> but this will just let you find unassigned tickets (those that haven't
>> yet been "triaged").  Are you suggesting that people then claim any
>> tickets they're interested in, by assigning them to themselves?
>

> Correct! Exactly that! Apologies, I thought that was clear. I
> have no desire to stop people working on tickets they are
> interested in implementing... quite the reverse.  Sadly we all
> have to work on some tickets we're less interested in completing
> as well. :-)  I'll assign the rest in another few days.

And does triaging a ticket involve assigning a group (GREEN, AMBER, or
RED)?  And analyzing, possibly also proposing a solution?  And
implementing if we feel it's not controversial?  I realize this leads
into what you wrote next ...

> What I'd like also to do is to get a workflow agreed going for
> assenting to decisions made on tickets as well. For example,
> Sebastian's asking about @defaultVal highlights that we probably
> want to be able to assume that silence equals assent as long as
> there has been a suitable period of time, a reminder, and any
> discussion summarised on the ticket. This should probably be for
> 'green' categorised tickets (or corrigible bugs) since 'amber'
> implies they need further discussion. I want to remove any
> roadblocks from us completing tickets but also keep Council
> oversight of them. We all volunteer our work at different times
> and are usually very busy with all sorts of other concerns.
>
> Any thoughts?

Laurent generally had the approach that silence equals assent, but it's
good to restate such a policy, especially as there is turnover among
members, to make sure everyone is aware of that.  We should also figure
out who assigns a group (GREEN, AMBER, or RED) and under what
circumstances this can be changed.  (When I grabbed a few tickets for
myself, I assigned a group for each of them, but I see that in a ticket
assigned to me by James, he did not choose a group for it.)