[tei-council] SF Tickets getting agreement on Council mailing list

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Dec 20 09:53:25 EST 2012

On 20/12/12 14:14, Kevin Hawkins wrote:
> James, I'm confused.  You said:
>
> On 12/20/12 4:29 AM, James Cummings wrote:
>> So if you want to ensure you get particular tickets go to
>> http://purl.org/tei/fr
>> and set assignee to 'nobody' and status to 'open' and click Filter.
>> Likewise with http://purl.org/tei/bug
>
> but this will just let you find unassigned tickets (those that haven't
> yet been "triaged").  Are you suggesting that people then claim any
> tickets they're interested in, by assigning them to themselves?

Correct! Exactly that! Apologies, I thought that was clear. I
have no desire to stop people working on tickets they are
interested in implementing... quite the reverse.  Sadly we all
have to work on some tickets we're less interested in completing
as well. :-)  I'll assign the rest in another few days.

What I'd like also to do is to get a workflow agreed going for
assenting to decisions made on tickets as well. For example,
Sebastian's asking about @defaultVal highlights that we probably
want to be able to assume that silence equals assent as long as
there has been a suitable period of time, a reminder, and any
discussion summarised on the ticket. This should probably be for
'green' categorised tickets (or corrigible bugs) since 'amber'
implies they need further discussion. I want to remove any
roadblocks from us completing tickets but also keep Council
oversight of them. We all volunteer our work at different times
and are usually very busy with all sorts of other concerns.

Any thoughts?

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk