[tei-council] Upgrading TEI Project on SF

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Wed Dec 5 11:45:22 EST 2012

Hi all,

SourceForge seems to be recommending people upgrade their project
to their new Allura platform.  However, this gives some
unintended side effects, like it will break all currently checked
out versions of the SVN repository, and all our URLs will change
(I'll have to change where those handy PURLs go, but at least
they should still work, old full URLs might not).

We will have to do this *sometime* the question I guess I have
for you is when is the right time to do this?

Sebastian will say that we should use this as an opportunity to
move any non-Guidelines community contributed but TEIC owned
software to our shiny new github account at
https://github.com/organizations/TEIC which is another
discussion.  (e.g. should things like Byzantium and
odd-by-example move there)

Thoughts?

Info from Sourceforge below.

-James

=====

Upgrading your project to the Allura platform gives you access to
some great new features, including custom tracker fields,
integrated wiki, blog and code browsing tools, threaded
discussions, and more! Here are changes you can expect to see
when you upgrade your project:

Will be upgraded
At this time, we are able to update the following aspects of your
project:
Meta-data (name, description, trove categories, etc)
Members and permissions
Project News
Forums
Hosted Applications and Project Web
Virtual Host configuration and MySQL databases
Git, Subversion, Mercurial, Bazaar and CVS repositories
Mailing Lists
Tracker data
Project Donations*

Will not be upgraded
These items will not be moved to your upgraded project:
Project Help Wanted
SCM stats, Forum stats, Ticket stats & Traffic stats
Trac will no longer integrate with SVN

Will work exactly the same
These items will continue to function they way they currently do:
Project summary page
File releases and download stats
Project Reviews

Note that the URLs used to access your code repositories will
change, and an email will be sent to all project developers with
the new URLs after the upgrade is complete.

Once you click Upgrade, the upgrade will be scheduled and will
begin shortly. Any changes made to your project while the upgrade
is in progress may not be reflected in the upgraded project.

Prior to upgrading, you can obtain a copy of your project's data
as an XML file by clicking on the project name, selecting Project
Admin » Features, then selecting XML Export.

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk