[tei-council] meeting problem

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Mon Dec 3 05:06:46 EST 2012

On 03/12/12 02:51, Kevin Hawkins wrote:
> I realized this because I committed a revision which caused another
> error that I can't decipher. I emailed Sebastian and Martin for help,
> but they are probably sleeping and doing something more fun than
> editing the Guidelines, respectively. If anyone else would like to
> check out the error I caused related to <meeting>, see
> http://bits.nsms.ox.ac.uk:8080/jenkins/job/TEIP5-Test/1299/parsed_console/?
> and
> http://tei.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/tei?view=revision&revision=11196
> . --Kevin

You can't have an optional occurrence of meeting followed by another
optional occurrence of meeting. Which one is a poor non-looking-ahead
parser supposed to believe?

Why are you adding <meeting> into all those models as a sibling of
respStmt anyway? Can a meeting take intellectual responsibillity for a
monographic work? Apologies if this was discussed already (as I assume
it must have been) but this just seems wrong to me.

I have very flaky internet right now so I havent been able to check out
the ticket -- so further apologies if there is a knockdown argument in
favour of the change therein!